The majority of American youth report being bullied at some point in their school careers:
• About 80% report being bullied in grades 10-12 nationally
• About 90% report being bullied in grades 4-8 nationally
• 14% of students report experiencing trauma from bullying, when five life domains are considered—emotional, social, physical, academic, and familial.
• 14% of students in grades 10-12 and 25% of students in grades 4-8 report experiencing academic troubles as a result of bullying.
• Approximately 10-15% of American students experience peer aggression to the point they undergo significant trauma.